Saturday, January 11, 2014

I am not a writer or a musician...

I keep finding myself in the position or moment when God is saying...write.  I am not a writer, but I've been learning that God doesn't like to listen to what I am not...as is evident by new role as a worship team leader.  I am NOT a musician, but God doesn't care. 

He started to place this fire and love of worship through music in my heart about 3 years ago.  God's word, God's love and the Holy Spirit started to become real through lyrics...

Sure, I'll start taking the guitar more serious, start spending time with musicians and asking for help, maybe take some lessons, start playing at home and in maybe in our small groups and in 15-20 years I'll have the chance to lead others in worship...What an awesome day that will be! 

Future Blog Note:  Why do the things I often want to come quickly don't and things I plan on taking a while come NOW....

Back on Track:  
At this point, I lead an awesome team of musicians at Restore Church who are more skilled and experienced that me.  I don't know how it happened, I don't know I got here...

We serve at 3-4 services on a weekend.  It's been about 5 months now and  I tell Natalie that somehow we've been doing this with smoke and mirrors, but that's not really true.  God isn't mysterious, He is just not what we expect Him to be.  He is not what the world is.

I was listening to a David Crowder song call Holy, After All and the chorus just booms out, "you are..Holy."  Which means that He is set apart, that He is different, that He is not like this world and the way we act.  I was singing along and just choked up sitting here trying to sing those words.

The world responds to the best, to the elite, so those who are out front, pushing and in charge.  To those it says are better, are we should strive to be.  God uses and bless the peace makers, the kind of heart, the loving, the servants.

The world loves you and chooses you on what you do to impress them...God chooses you because He made you, He loves you and that is it.

Be Diligent..yes
Practice...yes
Work Hard...YES!

but start sewing this seed into your heart, start saying it out loud for your ears to hear...you were chosen as precious before you ever did ANY of those things.

It's a good day to be a child of God...and regardless of who you are, what you've done, or whether you believe it or not...you are more.

and all God's people said...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment