Monday, January 16, 2012

Countdown Begins

13 Days
I am starting this blog because God has been telling me to write.  I promised him in my prayer journals twice now that I would, so here goes...

I fly out to Tanzania, Africa on January 28 for a 10 day trip with Compassion International to meet our sponsored child, Waryoba.

I don't know why God has me going on this trip, but the way it has been put together makes me feel His hand is all over this...to trust Him and not worry about the rest. 

I am not much for "don't worry," though.  Two nights ago I had a dream that when I returned nothing happend.  Nothing changed in me, it was a trip and nothing more.  Of course this dream was meshed together with Harry Potter scenes and characters, since we had just watched both of the the movies for book 7; I didn't sleep well.  What if I don't get out of this what He needs me to get out of it?

Yesterday Natalie and I went to REI for some clothes and traveling gear:  back-pack, deet spray, UV protected clothes that I can wash in the sink and so on...

I have had my malaria, yellow fever and typhoid shots and pills.  I have taken the days off work (6 straight days!), aligned an awesome sub, got approval from the county, paid for the trip and plane tickets through generous donations from the Hoys (more on them and that later) and started reading about customs in Tanzania.  I am been doing a countdown at school with my kids to prepare them and tried to set up the room to run by inself.

My plane ticket packet with my iternary and other helpful info has been lost twice by Fedex now and we still don't have it...that is kinda freakin' us out.

Anyway, Africa...can you believe I am going to Africa?  What's up God?

No comments:

Post a Comment