Monday, January 30, 2012

Here

Jombo...
Monday night here, 11:00 pm.  Totally lost track of time and days with the travel.  6 hours to Amsterdam, 5 hour layover and then 8.5 to Kilimanjaro.  I was then the last person through customs.  They scanned each of my hands and thumbs four different times, don't know why but was pretty worried about getting in...Hour bus ride to the hotel, and hour to check in and then up at 6 this morning for devotional time at the center.  Sang shout to the Lord with the workers at the center, awesome.  We got a tour of the center, heard about their logistics and got a much better understanding of what goes on with the program and the money we donate.

I have been taking pictures of all my meals with my phone and doing little video reflections of myself, since the phone is good for not much else...can 't get a sim card like I thought so no cell phone use.  Right now i am at an internet cafe in the hotel, 5$ an hour.

Met mothers and children from the CSP program today (pregnant mothers who give birth)...the homes, the clothes, the trash, the roads are what people say they are...the kids are jumping and full of joy and the men seem broken.  There is joy here and God is breaking my routine so that I can hear Him...now, what are You saying?

I walked away from that meeting feeling a little gross and sad, while it is amazing to see joy in such circumstances I also see that it doesn't last...well at least that it was I am saying today.  There were only two of us who walked away from today not glowing with joy, but more contemplative of the whole situation.

Praise the Lord

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe you are actually there. Thank you for the updates--we are all thinking of you and love your insigth.

    ReplyDelete