Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Meet Mang'ore




I received this email from Thomas yesterday. We have added another sponsored child to our ranks! That brings us up to 3!  I couldn't be happier...for only $38 a month...how can we not help?
Here is Thomas' email below. 

today was amazing.  The village and the children were so full of love and joy it is impossible to explain.  The moment you step off the bus they are grabbing your hand and hugging you.  Their smiles are so huge.  Then they sang and we played and then we broke into groups and got to go to a home...you wouldn't believe it.  As awful as you can image, a thousand flies, dirt floors, sheep inside the house, room for 4 people to sand eventhough 6 people sleep there.  walls made of mud and manure, kids faces covered in snot, dirt and flies and they are grateful we have come to pray for them and to see them.  i can't explain the imbalance of joy i am finding and extreme poverty.  cg'orean't believe they have so much joy from God loving them...in this center with 265 kids there were 8 without sponsors..so I took one.  His name is Mang'ore and I got to meet him and his grandmother.   The pictures are funny because they were smiling so big and couldn't stop hugging me and then I look at the pictures and they went stone face... made him smile when I gave him my hat...show your teeth.  There are translators randomly around helping out, but I am trying some swahili...thank you, Praise the lord and small things like that.  This will change his life...and his family.
Mang'ore's birthday is May 10...after seeing the homes and hearing the singing I knew Mom would do the same thing.
Love you Both,
Thomas

2 comments:

  1. Reading your posts fills my eyes with tears and my heart with joy. I have felt some of the things you are now when I went to Russia for the children. I am so glad that you have been able to find the joy and proud of my friend that is also mindful of the peoples hardships. I am thinking hard of taking a child from Compassion. You and God are putting that on my heart. I LOVE YOU and I am honored to call you my friend. God's Love, Elder

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to sponsor one of the kids 7 kids left who are unsponsored... let us now how. prayers going up! what a journey you are on.

    ReplyDelete